Monday, September 20, 2004

Marketing Resources for Academic Libraries

The about me section says I work for an academic library consortium, but I didn't say which one. A few short hours ago when I started this blog I thought about remaining anonymous. But I decided if I'm going to try the whole blogging experience, I should really try it. I'm proud to say I work for OhioLINK. One of the resources I've spent a lot of time working on for the past year is the Marketing Toolkit. I don't think anyone outside of OhioLINK has stumbled upon it, because it's fairly well hidden, but there are several areas that might be helpful to others looking for resources on library marketing, promoting, etc. The resources page has links to relevant articles I've stumbled across. Another helpful piece is the Idea Gallery. It contains samples of work from OhioLINK member libraries. Having an online idea file can certainly come in handy (though I'm still hoping this one will grow) and it certainly saves on space in your file cabinet.

No comments: