Thursday, December 23, 2004

This Christmas I'm Grateful for Electricity

*Time for another off topic post*

We were lucky enough to be one of the 180,000 in central Ohio without power for 12 hours or so (it went off in the middle of the night, I was too tired to get up and find my watch). Luckily AEP has done their duty quickly and restored power to our little area of the city. Thank you AEP linemen!!

I used to think it would be romantic to be without electricity once in awhile. Well, it's not. The temperature got down to 56F in here, but the fun was over long before that. Imagine, no cable, no cable modem, rapidly draining laptop batteries. I'm sure glad that's over.

Now I feel really badly for those who deal with the weather elements every day.

Happy Christmas to you and yours! (For the 2-3 of you who check in here occasionally) Next post, back to marketing and PR.

No comments: