Thursday, December 30, 2004

Apple's Student Blog

Apple has a blog aimed at college students. As Mike Manuel pointed out, this show how companies, and of course libraries, should think about targeting blogs for different audiences. The blog is supposedly written by students, for students. How interesting. I would love the details on how this works exactly. Does Apple give these students free reign or are posts moderated?

I wonder if there are any library blogs divided by the target audience rather than subject matter? If you know of any, leave me a comment and let me know.

Even if you can't or won't turn a blog or part of the library's Web site over to students, refer to Apple's Campus Life Blog just for ideas on the tone and subject matter of blog posts. I love that the posts are all related, but every single post doesn't directly promote Apple and its products.

No comments: